We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can
ADVERTISING, SPONSORSHIP & THIRD PARTY CONTENT:
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Kate Heimann. I will and do accept review samples, free products, and paid article placement if I feel the product or brand would interest my readership. I require a sample, of my choosing, for all reviews. The sample will not be returned, and you will be responsible for any shipping costs involved.
Should those products appear in any post anywhere on the site, they will be identified as review items and/or listed as “courtesy of” (c/o) the company of origin. This is in compliance with FTC regulations. Further disclosure may appear as a CMP.ly link in relevant posts.
The compensation received will NEVER influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements are identified as paid advertisements.
The owner of this blog is occassionally compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics; please see above paragraph for more information. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
The product(s) for each review was chosen by me and provided to me by the company or representing PR Firm. Depending on the contract, I occasionally accept monetary compensation for reviewing products at this time. All opinions expressed are my own. Others who may use the product may have different opinions.
PRESS RELEASE OR GIVEAWAY POLICY:
The product or company for each giveaway or post was not provided to me to test out or keep. The post is only a giveaway or press release information. I did not accept monetary compensation for the post. Any additional information in each post are expressly my own opinion. At times I do include parts of the press release.
Further disclosure may appear as a CMP.ly link in relevant posts.
GIVEAWAYS & CONTESTS:
WearInLA may offer giveaway and contest opportunities on this blog. All Giveaways or Contests, unless specifically stated in the post are subject to the following rules and conditions:
1. Entrants are allowed 1 entry, unless otherwise stated in the giveaway announcement.
2. Entry must be made/recieved on the giveaway/contest post within the starting and ending time frame stated in the post.
3. Contact information is a requirement for entry: at minimum, name and a valid email address is required.
4. All winners will be chosen by Random.org or another 3rd party of WearInLA.
5. Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winners have 1 week to respond regarding their prize. If there is no response within 1 week, a new winner will be chosen.
7. Winner agrees to provide contact and shipping information to the giveaway sponsor, including, but not limited to, full name, address, phone number, email address.
8. The prize is almost always shipped directly from the giveaway sponsor, and can take upwards of 8 weeks to arrive, depending on availability, location of winner and other issues. WearInLA is not responsible for items lost in the mail or for any other reason delayed or not recieved.
9. Sweepstakes is open only to U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsors, and writers of WearInLA and their respective affiliates, as well as all others involved in this promotion and their immediate families (defined for the purposes of this Sweepstakes as parents, spouses, children, siblings and household members) are not eligible. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
10. All contest(s)/giveaway(s) are provided at the discretion of the 3rd party product/service provider(s) and may be discontinued at any time with no product or service being given away.
11. WearInLA.com is not responsible for any altering of these Rules and Conditions or giveaway(s) on or by other blogs and or websites.
12. No purchase is necessary.
Promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
– Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
– Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
– Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Most images on this site, unless specifically stated, belong to WearInLA.com and are protected by U.S. Copyright law. Please do not copy these without permission.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
* Last Edited on 11-05-2015