Instagram shot: Blowout by Jessica @ The Dry Bar (style: Cosmo)
Don’t you just love getting pampered? I do…especially when it doesn’t require my whole paycheck! Between getting a blowout at The Dry Bar in Pasadena (only $35!) and a mani/pedi combo at Dashing Diva (promise to write a review on them too so you know the inside scoop!), I know how to spoil myself without breaking the bank. The Dry Bar (on Lake Ave. in Pasadena right by Lemonade – some of my favorite yummy eats!) has become one of my favorite little luxuries these days. I am what they call a “BarFly”, someone who frequents the The Bar; I even have a BarTab! (BarTabs at The Dry Bar are basically packages of blowouts that you can buy all at once at a discounted price. (See more on pricing here.) It’s the way to go! It’s an addicting pleasure, so why not set yourself up and save some money while indulging in a little “make me pretty time”!
Pasadena location: Cute storefront with lots of windows for great natural lighting inside! Right next to Lemonade….love how both of their colors are yellow and white! Meant to be!
NICE SHOES welcome mat is my favorite! See inside? It totally looks like a bar!
Such a nice way to be welcomed….with fresh flowers!
Front window display with “Butercup” upsidedown yellow hairdryer “mascot” …be sure to look out for the cute light fixtures made from these inside too!
Day three of a blowout from The Dry Bar…yes if you try to not sleep on your hair it will totally last up to 3 or 4 days depending on if you touch up with a curling iron later! Wearing: Ann Taylor blazer, F21 lace top, Guess jeans, & Charlotte Russe booties.
I have naturally straight, flat hair so getting a blowout totally changes the way I look…and feel! They have a range of different styles to suit any hair type or style preference. Because I have straight hair I go for the big curly styles like The Cosmo with lots of loose curls and The Mai Tai for fun messy beach waves. My favorite look is a combo between the two called a “Cosmo-Tai!”
instagram photo by Anna @xoxo_ak (thanks for sharing!) of all the pretty products at The Dry Bar #smellssoyummy
Of all the blow out bars I’ve seen and tried I love The Dry Bar because they have the BEST PERKS:
1. They serve you alcohol as if you’re at a real bar! Of course, they specialize in the girly drinks, but hey, it fits! I always order champagne…or a mimosa if I go first thing in the morning. Did I mention it’s free? Yea…no extra charge!
2. Wash is always included! I never feel bad about coming in on day three of not washing my hair because I know they’ll always wash me up before styling at no extra charge! After all, you need wet hair to be blow dried into a style! They use the yummiest smelling products by Moroccan Oil and L’Oreal.
3. There’s always great music playing and a chick flick on the flat screen TV for everyone to see while you get your hair done!
4. Bar Tenders take care of everything for you! If your street parking meter runs out, the super friendly “Bar Tenders” (I love Ryan & Anna!!! follow them on Instagram! @xoxo_ak & @rdmouchet) will run out and take care of it for you! (Be kind and TIP them too, not just the stylist!)
5. Everyone is so friendly! Seriously every stylist I’ve ever been blessed to have do my hair here has been so friendly and interesting to talk with!
The “Need to Know”s:
1. Make an appointment & show up on time! I suggest scheduling an appointment simply because this spot is popular; especially Friday/Saturday. I always book my appointments through the iPhone app “The Dry Bar” because it’s super easy and syncs automatically with my iCal. It’s a super easy way to book/change/cancel your appointments without having to call in every time.
Love the gorgeous dames that line the walls! So inspirational!
2. Length of appointments vary. Although their website says that most blowouts take about 35 minutes, but my hair always take at least an hour and 15 minutes. It all depends on how long and thick your hair is…and how easily it takes to curling or straightening. I suggest leaving some wiggle room and don’t stress yourself out by fitting it into a small window of time. Relax and enjoy yourself!
Ryan (follow him on instagram! @rdmouchet – one of my fav. Bar Tenders in Pasadena with the new Dry Bar line of products!
3. Parking in Pasadena…venturing out and about in the city you never know what kind of parking you’re going to have to deal with. Luckily if you’re going to the Pasadena location (which I suggest because all the stylist and bar tenders are amazin’!) you have options! Even though they don’t have a private lot, there is plenty metered street parking on both sides of Lake Ave, but they’re only good for one hour at a time ($1/hr). Do remember, the Bar Tenders will totally feed your meter if you need them to; just be sure to tip them kindly! If you don’t mind walking a small bit (2 minutes really) you can always turn East onto Cordova and park in the huge lot behind Jamba Juice, Chipotle, and Panda Express. Here parking is FREE.
4. Tipping your Stylist/Bar Tender. Since blowouts at The Dry Bar are so reasonably priced ($35 is such an amazing price!) I think it’s perfectly acceptable to tip more than 20%. $10 is a great base to start with (around 28%)…if you absolutely LOOOOVE your hair and really enjoyed talking with your stylist I say pay it forward and tip $15. I also think it’s polite to tip the Bar Tender a few dollars too because they’re running around taking care of your drinks (and maybe even feeding your meter)!
BTW, I totally DIY’ed that key necklace. Found it at my grandpa’s house and decided to add it onto a chain…viola #instachic! #granddadstyle #i’llwearyourgranddad’sclothes My most recent visit to Dry Bar…last weekend! #lovedmystylist Claudia Seriously BEST CURLS ever!
Don’t just take my word for it…see ton’s of reviews here! Can’t wait for you to experience the wonder of The Dry Bar!! Would love to hear about your awesome experiences in the comments! Please do share photos too! Tag me in your instagram posts: @wearinla :)
FIND THE NEAREST THE DRY BAR LOCATION TO YOU!